BOTOX® for Hyperhidrosis
If you are thinking you may be suffering from Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) we can help you!
Hyperhidrosis is a medical condition that almost 1 million Canadians suffer from. People who suffer from Hyperhidrosis find themselves sweating in cooler temperatures or even when they are relaxing.
Areas of Primary Hyperhidrosis (overactive sweat glands)
- Palm of hands
Do you sweat excessively? If you answer YES to one or more of these situations below, we encourage you to speak with our physicians about BOTOX® therapeutic treatment.
Take our sweat test:
|Do you find that sweating frequently interferes with your daily activities?|
|Do you find it embarrassing to shake hands because your palms are sweaty?|
|Do you find yourself soaking through your shirts in the armpit area?|
|Do you suffer from embarrassment due to excessive sweating when you are working in close proximity to other individuals?|
|Are antiperspirants and other medications ineffective?|
How Does Botox® Work for Hyperhidrosis?
Botox® is injected into the affected area where it stops the nerves from sending the “sweat” signal to your sweat glands. Injections are done with ultra-fine needles for a virtually pain-free experience.
How long does the treatment take?
Upon arriving at our office and filling out consent and insurance forms the treatment of BOTOX® only takes approx.. 15 minutes.
How often should I commit to treatment for best results?
BOTOX® therapeutic is injected approximately every 4-6 months. The treatment is not permanent and everything will go back to normal once the effectiveness wears off.
- Treatments are done in minutes, with no downtime or side effects in most cases
- Excessive sweating is reduced by up to about 80% in a matter of days
- Results may last from 4 – 6 months before another treatment is needed
- Treatments are virtually painless. To make you more comfortable, please arrive 15 minutes prior to treatment for a topical numbing agent.
- Treatment prescription may be covered by your private health plan.
- Treatment injection fee will apply.